Sunday, December 12, 2004

A $52.50 coat rack

Today, I saw Les Miserables for the fourth time, this time with my parents and brother, none of whom had seen it before through any medium. As my sister ended up having to back out after we bought the tickets, we had an extra seat to put our jackets on, having tried but failed to sell a single ticket shortly before the performance. A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.

Prior to that, our handbell choir played at church (which was coincidentally my parents' first time visiting my current Episcopal parish). It was quite the rude shock when we arrived and found out that our director was at home attempting to prevent premature labor. No doubt this was induced by stress caused by our lack of progress over the last several rehearsals. The organist/choir director filled in for her, and I think we managed to fool most of the people listening. Until the end when our highest bell ringer forgot what we were doing up there, and O Come All Ye Faithful went MIA for the last page.

I finished the evening off with a three-hour converastion with my parents sitting in the parking lot outside my brother's dorm, probably to the amusement of any students looking out their windows. (Three people talking in a dark car for hours on end, not in an actual parking spot...) Got to hear about my parents' adventures raising three teen-age girls, their friends from college, and my great-great-great grandparents who lived in England in someplace called Moreland Close. Some day I'm going to find out more about it. My dad also suspects we're related to Edward Tiffin, the first governor of Ohio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home