Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Fraught with peril

You would have thought that a job where you routinely drive $50,000 automobiles would involve higher stakes than one where you sell people 37 cent stamps. Wrong. Today I managed to misplace a roll of stamps. Literally mis-place, not lose. I left them with the rest of Biola's mail at the local post office, rather than keep them with me to deliver to the proper department. So, unless the sorter who came across them was feeling generous and returns them tomorrow, I'm out $37 (or more, depending on how many rolls I placed amiss). Then I returned to find out that I had forgotten to have a girl fill out a customs slip for the package she was sending to a serviceman. Meaning we can't send it, and she doesn't know it. Thankfully it's finals week, so I'm sure she'll just be hanging around campus for the next several days.......or maybe she can make it a Valentines present. With cars, there are few ways to screw up, with those few being especially easy to avoid. Here, there are an infinite number of ways to screw up, and they all involve money or the expectations of others. Yes, tampering with mail is a federal offence; but I don't know what you do when you murph things up out of sheer booglification. If I were someone else, I would say shoot them...

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Ahhh, here's all that Tiffin wit and cynicism I've been missing.

It's like a salve made from burlap fibers.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Thorgersen said...

Hey, what's with you and Agadoni mocking my countrymen at Biola? They're just different, guys. Come on. Its just not funny any more. I'm gonna go cry in my instant noodles now, and then send you a box of those sour prunes.

Oh, Merry Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home